- Being an adult can be fun when you are acting like a child.
- Love has nothing to do with looks, but everything to do with time, trust, and interest.
- Laughing, crying, joy and anger… All are a vital. All make us human.
- The greatest truths in life are uncovered with simple, steady awareness.
- Greed will bury even the lucky eventually.
- Bad things do happen to good people.
- Paving your own road is intelligent only if nobody has gone exactly where you are going.
- Uncertainty is caused by a lack of knowledge. Hesitation is the product of fear.
- Time heals all wounds… regardless of how you feel right now.
- Most of the time what you are looking for is right in front of you.
- Your health is your life.
- Chance is a gift, so act on chance when given the opportunity.
I love reading, especially when it is about trivia. For me, it is fulfilling whenever I learn something new and interesting. I want to learn more facts about everything and anything, maybe because I admire Ernie Baron and Kuya Kim. When Kuya Kim retires, I hope I already have enough trivia in my memory to become his successor. ☺
Below is an incredible list of weird facts about the human body. If you love trivia, this is a really good read.
[via The Nurse Nut]
Complex and poorly understood, the brain is what makes everything work properly. The body may be kept alive, but without the brain, a person can’t truly live. Here are some interesting and weird facts about the brain.
- The brain doesn’t feel pain: Even though the brain processes pain signals, the brain itself does not actually feel pain.
- Your brain has huge oxygen needs: Your brain requires 20 percent of the oxygen and calories your body needs — even though your brain only makes up two percent of your total body weight.
- 80% of the brain is water: Instead of being relatively solid, your brain 80% water. This means that it is important that you remain properly hydrated for the sake of your mind.
- Your brain comes out to play at night: You’d think that your brain is more active during the day, when the rest of your body is. But it’s not. Your brain is more active when you sleep.
- Your brain operates on 10 watts of power: It’s true: The amazing computational power of your brain only requires about 10 watts of power to operate.
- A higher I.Q. equals more dreams: The smarter you are, the more you dream. A high I.Q. can also fight mental illness. Some people even believe they are smarter in their dreams than when they are awake.
- The brain changes shapes during puberty: Your teenage years do more than just change how you feel; the very structure of your brain changes during the teen years, and it even affects impulsive, risky behavior.
- Your brain can store everything: Technically, your brain has the capacity to store everything you experience, see, read or hear. However, the real issue is recall — whether you can access that information.
- Information in your brain travels at different speeds: The neurons in your brain are built differently, and information travels along them at different speeds. This is why sometimes you can recall information instantly, and sometimes it takes a little longer.
I don't know how I came up with this website. ☺
But I just wanna share this to the people who might need this.Hahaha.
So, for those who are interested/looking for a SugarDaddy/SugarMommy, or if you are SugarDaddy/SugarMommy wannabee looking for a Sugar Baby, here's is a site for perfect for you, a website called SeekingArrangement.com.
For "rich and successful. Single or married" SugarDaddies(Mommies), you can set up an online profile that reveals the amount in your bank accounts and the monthly allowance you can provide to a willing Sugarbaby. That allowance must be at least $1000 or up. One more thing, there is a $50 monthly membership fee.☺
But for SugarBabies, who are ideally "attractive, ambitious and young," membership on the site is free.
As the website asks, "You seek a generous benefactor to pamper, mentor and take care of you, perhaps to help you financially?"
|Look who's planking? Yes, you're right. It's Justin Beiber!|
Planking is gaining world popularity by storm. I came up with this entry because I see a lot of people on Facebook who are interested in it. It made me curious, so I did a little research.
What is planking? The phenomenon of planking involves lying face down in a public place - the stranger the better - and posting photos on social networking sites such as Facebook. Aficionados lie expressionless with a straight body, hands by their sides and toes pointing into the ground.
It is now a craze around the world and is believed to have originated from Australia. (I wonder if Kangaroos also play planking?)
According to BBC News, a man has died in Australia after taking part in the internet phenomenon of planking. The victim, a man in his 20s, fell from a balcony railing in Brisbane while a friend photographed him, according to police.
As the rule of the game says, the more dangerous and strange your planking is, the BETTER. Below are the craziest planking photos that you can ever see. You can always join the craze, AT YOUR OWN RISK. So, what's in your mind?
According to the report, worldwide airport passenger numbers increased by 6.6 percent in 2010 to 5.04 billion. Worldwide domestic traffic increased by 5.8 percent while international traffic jumped by 7.7 percent.
London's Heathrow airport remained the busiest in the world, handling over 60 million international passengers. The big mover was South Korea's Incheon, which moved into the top ten in 2010. Madrid fell out of the top 10, Incheon moved into 8th place and Tokyo dropped from 8th in 2009 to 9th.
Continue here for the list.
More consumer are hooked into Apple's products because of its sleek and minimalists design. People are still buying an i-Phone and an i-Pad considering the higher price. They don't care if it hurts their savings, even during recession! People are crazy about it, on the day of the release of a new product, the lines, even before the stores open are incredible. The reason is, they love Apple's innovation.
Speaking of innovation, if recent rumors are true, not only will the individual consumers go crazy about the new feature, also it will create a buzz on Apple's newest target, the business consumers. If it is accurate,
I watched a documentary called "Stupid in America". I am surprised that American public school was that bad. In the documentary, a public school in South Carolina is very incompetent despite the budget they are getting from the government. I never thought of it to be the case. Maybe because I look up to America as the home of the best universities in the world, but I realized, those were privately run. I also spent my elementary and secondary years in a public school in the Philippines, but the teachers and the school itself was competitive enough. Well, at least the school that I have gone to. The Philippine government has among the lowest spending on education in Asia. There have been a lot of debates in the Congress and in the Senate to uplift the quality of education in the country, I hope our legislators are ending up with the best measures.
According to Intelligence and the Wealth and Poverty of Nations by Richard Lynn, the Philippines ranked 52 among 127 nations with an average IQ of 86 which is on the "dullness" range. Out of 127 nations, only 40 are on the range classified as "normal" or average intelligence (91-110), while none has an average IQ higher than that. (See the country ranking below.)
Law of Mechanical Repair – After your hands become coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you’ll have to pee.
Law of Gravity – Any tool, nut, bolt, screw, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.
Law of Probability -The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.
Law of Random Numbers – If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal and someone always answers.
Law of the Alibi – If you tell the boss you were late for work because you had a flat tire, the very next morning you will have a flat tire.
Variation Law – If you change lines (or traffic lanes), the one you were in will always move faster than the one you are in now (works every time).
Law of the Bath – When the body is fully immersed in water, the telephone rings.
Some of the photos I posted for NBA were accidentally caught by cameras, what do you think about these videos, is it also accidental?
Looks like grabbing private parts are becoming a trend now in basketball. Obviously, it is intentional to lose the opponent player's focus on the game.Well, it is real dirty and gay. ☺
Watch the videos here..
These are spots around the globe that every man dreams of seeing with his own eyes. The most incredible places we must visit before we die. While only few are lucky to see it in person, the rest of us will make due with some unbelievable photographs. Indulge your your eyes and add some on your bucket list.
When I grow old, I want to have a mansion, at least 3 cars, a corporation, a private chopper, a charity and this super yacht! Wow, very ambitious, and impossible? Not quite. If you have to dream, dream big. Willie Revillame used to be an unknown drummer, and a movie extra. Manny Pacquiao used to sell pan de sal every morning in General Santos during his childhood. Look at them now, they are one of the wealthiest personalities in the Philippines. They had their fortune in their respective fields. And they can definitely afford this luxurious yacht.
Everything is possible through determination and persistence. Focus your energy to the direction that leads you to achieve your dream. I know, it is so easy to say, but in reality it is harder than we think. We just have to take risk, do what we can, and be inspired by the people we love.
In 20 years, you will be more disappointed by what you didnt do than by what you did.
Enough of the drama. I just wanted to share this very wonderful creation by Yacht Island Design, a ship-building company based in the UK, the boat, or should we say, mobile island, has all the standard features of your typical floating palace: swimming pool, guest cabanas, helicopter landing
by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
1. Marry the right person. This one decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.
2. Work at something you enjoy and that’s worthy of your time and talent.
3. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
4. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
5. Be forgiving of yourself and others.
6. Be generous.
7. Have a grateful heart.
8. Persistence, persistence, persistence.
9. Discipline yourself to save money on even the most modest salary.
10. Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated.
This is a very interesting trick but I haven't tried it yet though. Our office building has two floors only and we don't have an elevator, so I need your help to prove this.
This will be helpful for the people whose office or unit is located in the higher floors of the building.
You know, it's really annoying when the elevator stops on every floor when you needed to get to your destination asap, and ironically it happens when you have the least time! I wish I knew this trick before because it already happened to me several times when I was still in the Philippines.
For all buzzer beaters who come to work almost late, please try it and tell me if it's effective. Like this and leave a comment. ☺
The building will stand over 0.62 miles (one kilometer) tall, which will allow it to overshadow the 2,717 ft. (828 m) Burj Khalifa in Dubai to claim the title of the world's tallest building.
Kingdom Tower will contain 59 elevators, some designed to travel 10 meters per second! Including 54
Below is an incredible collection of the most awesome photographs all around the internet. With its admirable subject and scenery, it is just perfect to satisfy you visually. Enjoy the zoomed version by clicking the picture. Use your arrow keys to move from one photo to another.
Living and working abroad is an interesting experience. You will meet a lot of other nationalities, you'll get to work with them, interact in a day-to-day basis. There are few things I learned to make my stay worthwhile.
1. Start learning the local language.For sure, it will be very hard, but at least make an effort to learn. It can be helpful to your job. It will help you communicate better to the locals. Once in a while, you will meet someone who doesn't speak English at all. Surf the net for some basic lessons and interact with native speakers. Learning a new language is fun.
2. Never Argue
If you are fond of arguing in your native land, leave that habit. You are in a foreign country, you don't want to be in trouble. Do not ever argue in any topic, think before you respond. If you think it can be offensive, keep it to yourself. Use your judgment. Arguing is only productive if you are in the congress, well, not even.
I came up with this interesting and very controversial story on Yahoo about a study stating that if you are an Internet Explorer user, you are likely to have a lower IQ than those who uses Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera.
It is based on an online study participated by more than 100,000 people as conducted by AptiQuant Psychometric Consulting Co.
I remember when I was in first year college, I was told to do research on browsers. I was an IE user then. At that time, IE had the biggest share on